First Mental Arithmetic Book 3 (of 6): Key Stage 1, Years 1 and 2 (Answer Book also available)
Structured according to ability rather than age, the series allows children to work at their own pace, building confidence and fluency. Two Entry Tests are available in the First Mental Arithmetic Teacher's Guide and on the Schofield Sims website, enabling teachers, parents and tutors to select the appropriate book for each child.
First Mental Arithmetic 4 is aimed at pupils in Year 2 and covers the key subject areas of number, measurement, geometry and statistics, including multiplication, division, partitioning, fractions, number sequences, list, tables and reading scales. The book includes:
- 30 single-page sessions, each presented in a unique three-part format comprising: questions using pictures or simplified language: questions using relevant mathematical vocabulary and symbols: word problems or questions that test understanding of mathematical concepts
- regular Check-up Tests to identify gaps in understanding
- Just Facts questions to help secure knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts
- a Language of Maths glossary at the start of each book to help develop children's number vocabulary
- three Achievement Charts to enable children to monitor their own progress.
A separate accompanying answer book, First Mental Arithmetic 4 Answers (ISBN 9780721711720) contains answers to all the questions, making marking simple.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|